- Dates for submission of online applications: 03-12-2019 to 10-01-2020
- Last date for receipt of application: 10-01-2020 (23:59)
- Last date for making online fee payment: 12-01-2020 (23:59)
- Last date for generation of offline Challan: 12-01-2020 (23:59)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 14-01-2020
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 16-03-2020 to 27-03-2020
- Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): 28-06-2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has advertised a notification to conduct Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL – 10+2) Exam 2018 for the recruitment of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator (DEO) vacancies. Those Candidates who are Interested to the following vacancy and completed all Eligibility Criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online. The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator (DEO) vacancies for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2020 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002).
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for different categories as per rules.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 01-01-2020):
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-I (2)(p), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode.
NOTE: Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-01-2020 will also be eligible.
How to Apply Staff Selection Commission CHSL 2019:
Procedure for filling online Application: The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
- One Time Registration
- Filling of online Application for the Examination Part-I (One-Time Registration)
Part-I (One-Time Registration)
- Please read the instructions given in the Notice of Examination carefully before filling up the online ‘Registration Form’ and „Application Form‟.
- Before proceeding with One-Time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
a. Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
b. Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
c. Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage):
i. Voter ID Card
iv. Driving License
v. School/ College ID vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
d. Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
e. Scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Applications with blurred photograph will be rejected.
f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height). Applications with illegible signature will be rejected.
g. Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with benchmark disability.
- For One-Time Registration, click on „Register Now‟ link provided in „Login‟ Section on http://ssc.nic.in.
- One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information: a. Basic Details b. Additional Details and Contact Details c. Uploading of the scanned image of passport size photograph and signature.
- For filling up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’, please follow the following steps:
a. Few critical details (e.g. Aadhaar Number, name, father‟s name, mother‟s name, date of birth etc) are required to be entered twice, in the relevant columns of the Registration Form, for verification purpose and to avoid any mistakes. If there is mismatch between original and verify data column, indication will be given in red text.
b. S No-1, provide information about Aadhaar Number/ Identity Card and its Number. Any one of these Numbers is required to be given.
c. S No-2: Fill your name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate. In case, you have made any changes in your name after matriculation, indicate the same at S No-2c and 2d.
d. S No-3: Fill your father‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
e. S No-4: Fill your mother‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
f. S No-5: Fill your date of birth exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
g. S No-6: Matriculation (10th Class) Examination Details which include:
i. Name of Education Board
ii. Roll Number
iii. Year of passing
h. S No-7: Gender
i. S No-8: Level of Educational Qualification (Highest).
j. S No-9: Your Mobile Number. This must be a working mobile number as it will be verified through „One Time Password‟ (OTP). It may be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this mobile number only. Your mobile number will also be used for retrieval of password, if required.
k. S No-10: Your Email ID. This must be a working Email ID as it will be verified through OTP.
It may also be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this Email ID only. Your Email ID will also be used for retrieval of password/ Registration Number, if required.
l. Provide detail of State/ UT of your Permanent Address.
m. When the Basic Details provided at S No-1 to 10 are saved, you will be required to confirm your mobile number and email ID. On confirmation, your data will be save and your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. Your Registration Number and Password will be provided to you on your mobile number and Email ID.
n. You have to complete the Registration Process within 14 days failing which your Registration Details saved so far will be deleted.
o. Login using your Registration Number as username and auto generated password provided to you on your mobile and email. Change your password, when prompted on first login.
p. After successful password change, you need to login again using your Registration Number and changed password.
q. On successful login, information about the „Basic Details‟ so far filled by you will be displayed. You may edit it, if required or proceed further by clicking on „Next‟ button at the bottom to complete your one-time Registration.
r. S No-11: Provide information about your Category.
s. S No-12: Provide information about your Nationality.
t. S No-13: Provide information about visible Identification Mark. You may be required to show the above Identification Mark at various stages of examination.
u. S No-14: Provide information about benchmark disabilities, if any. If you are suffering from any specific benchmark disability identified suitable for government jobs, then provide Disability Certification Number.
v. S No: 15 to 18: Provide information about your Permanent and Present Address. Save the data and proceed further to last Part of the Registration Process.
w. S No: 19 to 20: Upload your recent Photo and Signature as specified at S No-2 above.
x. Save the information provided. Take draft printout and review the information provided thoroughly, before „Final Submit‟.
y. Upon clicking „Final Submit‟ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter one of the two OTPs at designated field to complete the Registration Process.
z. Read the „Declaration‟ carefully, if you agree with the declaration, click „I Agree‟.
aa. After submission of Basic information, if the registration process is not completed within 14 days, your data will be deleted from the system.
6. After completion of registration process, „Basic Details‟ can be changed only twice. THEREFORE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WHILE MAKING ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
7. YOU ARE AGAIN ADVISED THAT NAME, FATHER’S NAME, MOTHER’S NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MATRICULATION EXAMINATION DETAIL SHOULD BE FILLED EXACTLY AS RECORDED IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE. YOUR CANDIDATURE MAY GET CANCELLED IN CASE OF INCORRECT/ WRONG INFORMATION.
Part-II Online Application Form (Step by Step Procedure)
- Step 1. Login to online system through your „Registration Number‟ and password.
- Step 2. Click „Apply‟ link in „Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2019‟ Section under „Latest Notifications‟ tab.
- Step 3. Information in columns at S No-1 to 14 will be automatically filled from your Onetime Registration Data which is non-editable. If you want to make correction in any of this data, click on „Modify Registration‟ and suitably edit your One-time Registration data.
- Step 4. S No-15: Select „Yes‟ if you belong to Economically Weaker Section (EWS). This is not applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
- Step 5. S No-16: Give your preference for Examination Centers. You may choose examination Centers within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centers must be given in the order of preference.
- Step 6. S No-17: Select the medium of Typing Test.
- Step 7. S No-18: Click „Yes‟ if you have passed 12th Standard in Science Stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent or else „No‟.
- Step 8. S No-19: If you are serving in Armed Forces or are an ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ ex-servicemen are not treated as exservicemen and therefore they should select „No‟.
- Step 9. S No-20.1: Provide information on whether you are suffering from Cerebral Palsy or not.
- Step 10. S No-20.2: Indicate if you have physical limitation to write and Scribe is required on your behalf. Please go through Para-8 of the Notice of Examination for more information.
- Step 11. 20.3 to 20.5: If you are eligible for availing the facility of scribe as per Para-8 of the Notice of examination, provide information about the requirement of scribe.
- Step 12. S No-21: If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
- Step 13. S No-22: Indicate your highest educational qualification.
- Step 14. S No-23: Please see Notice of Examination, Para No: 21 and fill up accordingly.
- Step 15. S No-24 to 26 and information with regard to Photo, Signature and contact details for other Nationals (if applicable) will be filled up automatically from the One-time Registration Data.
- Step 16. Compete your declaration by clicking on “I agree” check box, fill up captcha code.
- Step 17. Preview and verify the information provided by you. If you want to edit the details, click on „Edit/ Modify‟ and make required corrections. If all the details are correct, „Submit‟ the Application.
- Step 18. Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
- Step 19. Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Step 20. Refer Para-11 of the Notice of Examination for further information on the payment of fee.
- Step 21. When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the ‘Application Form’ is normally not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage. However, you may be required to provide printout of the online application form to address grievances related to online application, if any.
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- For Women, SC, ST, PWD, Ex Serviceman Candidates: Nil
- Payment Mode: Through Online/ Offline
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 12-01-2020 (24:00). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 14-01-2020 provided the challan has been generated by them before 12-01-2020 (24:00).
Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Scheme of Examination:
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking of the scores. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tentative Answer Keys for the Computer Based Examination will be placed on the Commission‟s website after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit representations, if any, on payment of Rs 100/- per question within the time limit given by the Commission through on-line modality only. Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Commission at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys will be scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys and the decision of the Commission in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer Keys shall be entertained later.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in „Pen and
Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour
(20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates
eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would
comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/
Application of approximately 150-200 words.
13.8.2 The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places
We at Everest Coaching Point re-design young citizens destiny pushing them further close to their dream and making it a reality. Aspirants of SSC CGL /CHSL/ CPO may reach us at +91 90 300 301 85 to get more information about these recruitment’s.
Bookmark our blog in your browser (Press Ctrl Key +D) to get connected with us for more useful feeds and posts.